As senior litigator at Dame Law, Mike Dever handles a wide variety of legal issues related to business disputes. His areas of expertise include business torts, contracts, officer and director liability, shareholder disputes, securities litigation, trade secrets and covenants not to compete.
Mr. Dever has conducted more than 75 jury trials, obtaining multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. His jury trial history includes cases surrounding various contract and tort claims, shareholder malfeasance, utility related contractual disputes and the Racketeer Influence Corrupt Organizations Act, among others.
From 2002 through 2008, Mr. Dever served as adjunct professor teaching litigation at Georgia State University School of Law. He is also a Master of the Bleckley Inn of Court, the Atlanta chapter of the American Inns of Court, an organization dedicated to fostering and ensuring legal skills and professionalism.
Well-respected in the field, Mr. Dever has been a guest speaker at numerous continuing education seminars. His honors include his election as a Georgia Super Lawyer beginning in 2004 and designation as an AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Dever is an active member of the Atlanta community, a member of the Atlanta Steeplechase’s board of directors and a trustee of the Chi Phi Fraternity Educational Trust.
- Georgia, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
AREAS OF PRACTICE
|• Trial Practice||• Shareholder/Owner Disputes|
|• Business Torts||• Trade Secrets Litigation|
|• Contracts||• Securities Litigation|
|• Business Litigation||• Intellectual Property Litigation|
|• Officer and Director Liability|
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. – 1982
- University of Georgia
- Bachelors in Business Administration, with honors, – 1978
- Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia v. City of Calhoun, 227 Ga.App. 571, 489 S.E.2d 599 (1997)
- Mark Knott, et al. v. nancy Evans, et al., 280 Ga. 515, 630 S.E. 2nd 402 (2006)
- Strickland v. Ports Petroleum Co., Inc. , 256 Ga. 669, 353 S.E. 2d 17 (1987)
- FAM 1, Inc. v. Full Access Medical, LLC, et al. , Civil Action File No.: 3.03-0559 (U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee)
- Howard E. Johnson v. John Benjamin Stewart, Jr., John Benjamin Stewart, III, and William Joseph Stewart, Civil Action File No. 03-CV-063 (Greene County Superior Court)
- Oscar Hudson and James McGarrh v. Juliet R. Cotton individually, and as an officer and director of Quality Grain Company, Inc. and Quality Grain Company, Inc., a Georgia corporation, Civil Action File No. 99-A-3882-6 (Gwinnett County Superior Court)